Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Saturday 2006


Greetings gentle reader. Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy your stay.

My favourite blog / online diary type thing is Stuart’s on the Belle and Sebastian website. He hasn'’t updated it in a while, probably busy being a rock star, so I just read the earliest one on the website, from 1999. He was reading Kafka in a launderette. That man is sex on legs.

I've spent most of the day doing some research online. So I have also been listening to podcasts of Safran’s Sunday night show on Triple J -– all four that are available on the website, about 6 hours worth. It'’s the first time I'’ve listened to jjj in six months. The thing I miss most about home is Lateline.

(Apart from friends and family, obviously. They don't count when you are playing that favourite backpackers getting to know you game, So what do you miss most about home?) When I was working crazy hours last year, I would get home and flop down in front of the telly in time for Tony Jones (right) to give Johnny or Kim or some such a good grilling, and I would feel like I was still in touch with the world beyond my office. So comforting. I've yet to find a really good substitute over here, Newsnight is something like it but I haven'’t totally committed to it yet. Discovering the Lateline downloads was brief ecstasy, until my lappy started doing something funny and not downloading them properly.

Apart from this, I love my lappy. It is small but perfectly formed. It plays my music and emits a friendly white glow, a kind of electronic aura.

Ha, you know what's funny? I just ran the spellcheck on this post and it doesn't recognise 'blog'. Ha. Or punctuation marks, apparently. Let's see how this goes.

1 comment:

Sara and Gem said...

Congrats on your blog... You've definately got the hang of it, and I just love the layout. I see you spent easter snuggled in bed with your laptop, typing away your thoughts, whilst making your way through that massive pile of easter chockies. Good to see all that sugar went towards a productive cause.
Gem
P.S Don't forget to post some sexy Tom Baker photos.